Through the Incito Consulting Group Hoshin Kanri process, participants will learn how to use Hoshin Kanri as a strategic planning tool to establish the “True North” Vision for your organization.
Hoshin Kanri Strategic Planning Workshop
Hoshin Kanri is a strategic planning methodology utilized as a way of aligning and assigning the company’s objectives and priorities through all levels of the organization. Hoshin Kanri is supported by the world-class Japanese thinking of putting principles strategically into practice. Many Toyota sensei’s attribute the roots of Hoshin Kanri as far back as 1645 when Miyamoto Musashi wrote, “A Book of Five Rings”, as a guide to kendo swordsmanship for samurai warriors. One of the greatest quotes stating, “If you are thoroughly conversant with strategy, you will recognize the enemy’s intentions and have many opportunities to win.”
The Hoshin Kanri Process
Hoshin is composed of two Chinese characters, “ho” meaning form and “shin” meaning shiny needle or compass. Together the word “hoshin” means a “methodology for strategic direction setting.” In order for Hoshin Kanri to be successful for any organization, it is imperative that we follow Mushasi’s principle of, “Step by step, walk the thousand mile road.”
Through the Incito Consulting Group process, participants will learn how to use Hoshin Kanri as a strategic planning tool to establish the “True North” Vision for your organization. In addition, participants will learn how to establish your organizations, Vision, Mission, Core Values and organizational roadmap to long-term success.
Knowledge and/ or skills attendees will gain
- How to utilize Hoshin Kanri as a strategic planning tool to revisit and realign your company’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Revisit and redefine your current strategic plan through the utilization of tools such as, Affinity Diagram, Relations Diagram, SWOT analysis, Radar Chart, Priority Plot and Sequential Tree Process
- How Lean Leadership Behaviors impact the cultural success of Hoshin Kanri
- How to establish high-level organizational roles and responsibilities to successfully deploy your strategic plan, (Policy Deployment)
- How to utilize planning tools to review current business activities and business environment
- How to validate and create key measures for tracking performance against your Strategic Plan
Are you interested in learning more about how we can help your company achieve its strategic goals today? Contact Incito Consulting to learn more or get started with the process.
Want to learn more?
Schedule a consultation.
About how Incito can help transform your business and tackle your most
important strategic challenges.