The Incito Consulting Group utilizes decades of experience to assist you in the design and deployment of practical, real-world Lean Six Sigma solutions within the metal casting and foundry industry.
Metal Casting & Foundry
The foundry and casting industry faces tremendous challenges in today’s competitive environment. Modern metal casting and foundry providers have evolved so far beyond their early metal-working roots as to be nearly unrecognizable. They’re streamlined, forward-thinking and innovative producers that maximize their manufacturing of castings and components that are used throughout a wide variety of other industries. The most successful foundries achieve their goals with well-trained teams, a culture of continuous improvement, and sustainability initiatives that lead to the best outcomes for customers.
How Incito Can Help
The industry understands the importance of increasing world-class quality, capability and innovation while dramatically reducing lead time and increasing first pass yield. The size, viability, and complexity of the industry requires a focus on quality that can only be achieved through the use of a customized lean methodology.
Incito’s work with the industry’s leading producers focuses on:
- Understanding your foundry’s unique goals, product lines, customer profile, and manufacturing process
- Creating a customized lean plan to maximize your manufacturing goals and align with your organization’s most critical business objectives
- Training your management and team on how to implement lean initiatives, conduct audits, and develop a culture focused on problem-solving and continuous improvement
- Strategies to improve production and increase profitability by using lean techniques such as Hoshin Kanri which minimize breakdowns and maximize production
- Optimizing product-specific processes, from more efficiently manufacturing metal casts to streamlining the process of integrating molten metal into the casting to create parts made of iron, aluminum, magnesium, zinc, steel, and copper-based alloys
- Developing visual communications systems–such as Kamishibai–that allow teams and managers to quickly determine which tasks are completed and which are yet to be finished
- Incorporating easy to implement auditing strategies and creating healthy feedback loops that allow managers and staff to communicate openly for ongoing improvements
- The ability to use Kanban, driven by active customer demands, to ensure that your production goals support customer objectives and completely eliminate all waste from the manufacturing process
More than ever, the need for product flow, the total elimination of waste, and the relentless pursuit of perfection has sparked an industry-wide movement towards a total Lean Enterprise. The Incito Consulting Group utilizes decades of experience to assist you in the design and deployment of practical, real-world Lean Six Sigma solutions within the metal casting and foundry industry.
Are you ready to learn more about our work implementing lean strategy and tackling industry leaders’ most demanding strategic challenges? Contact Incito Consulting today for more information.
Want to learn more?
Schedule a consultation.
About how Incito can help transform your business and tackle your most
important strategic challenges.